Sunday, 10 April 2011

Number 4 - Devil's Snare

Our first fictional herb entry is Devil's Snare from the first Harry Potter novel. A possible Latin term for the plant could be Diaboli laqueis.

This plant uses its tentacle-like vines to strangle it's prey, not unlike a snake.

In escaping the Devil's Snare, expose some light upon the plant. It will shrivel and recoil from the light. Casing any lumos spell, or even shining a torch, will cause the Snare to release you.



Harry, Ron and Hermoine fighting the plant. "Devil's Snare, Devil's Snare. It's deadly fun, but will sulk in the Sun." (Image by thepolestar. Devil's Snare is the creation of J.K. Rowling).

13 comments:

  1. please do marijuana next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, don't worry, I've got a marijuana post lined up. Just getting facts straight first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do some poisonous herbs like nightshade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! thats exactly what I was going to do next! Deadly Nightshade has a really interesting history to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wonder what it would taste like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A mix of octopus and celery, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was younger I used to be really addicted to everything harry potter related. Now this brings back some really great memories from my childhood man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really happy I did that for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh, these are the ones from Harry Potter. Oke Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can that plant be smoked ? :P
    Hehe just joking. Nice blog, will follow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I don't know, will have to ask Hogwarts on that one. Great image in my head of Harry stoned hahaha.
    Thanks :]

    ReplyDelete